Monday, December 3, 2007

Losing My Virginity (Don't get the wrong idea...)


So this is officially my first blog on the world wide web and I'm not going to lie, it's a bit intimidating. But I'll try my best not to fuck it up, as if there were a way to do so but...

I decided that my first blog would be about a classic, but never over-done topic: Christmas. It's that perfect time of year when schools almost out and when you could really care less about anything but those chunky knit sweaters, gaining 10 pounds, and cuddling near a fireplace (even though it's not cold enough in Southern California to need a fireplace).

As a gift to all out there, here's my idea of a perfect Chrismas mix-tape. Some classic songs, some beautifully reworked covers, and some songs that have nothing to do with Christmas at all, but just keep up that feeling of joy and the undeniable urge to dance in your underwear.

Death Cab for Cutie - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
The Nightmare Before Christmas - What's This?
Rod Stewart & Dolly Parton - Baby It's Cold Outside
Stevie Wonder - If You Really Love Me
Wham! - Last Christmas
Run DMC - Christmas In Hollis
Frank Sinatra - I Won't Dance
The Killers - A Great Big Sled
The Weepies - All That I Want
Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough
Ron Sexsmith - Maybe This Christmas
Billy Mack - Christmas Is All Around
Madonna - Dress You Up (In My Love)
Britney Spears - All I Want For Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment