Saturday, March 14, 2009

What's in your breakfast?

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, or so they say. To be honest, I often skip it. Either I wake up to late or am too flustered with getting ready to consider stopping to take a break to fuel myself. I always thought that breakfast was just too darn close to lunch and that eating large meals consecutively after one another was just kind of odd, to say the least. 


John Huck, an L.A. based artist makes me wonder... should I reconsider my line of thought? In his "Breakfast" project, he juxtaposes headshots of people and their breakfast of the day. The result is nothing less than purely fascinating. It's always interesting to observe people in their natural habitat, but what's truly mind-blowing is how a simple snapshot can reveal so much character in a person you've barely known and just seconds ago, first set your eyes upon. 

And what do I eat for breakfast? I'll let you guess which one is mine, and which one is B's:
On the left is Fried Eggs with Chinese sausage and seven grain toast.
On the right is fresh kiwi and mango.
It's as predictable as predictable can be, the girl eats the fruit, while the man stuffs his face with meat. My kitchen has been filled with delectable fruit lately. Kiwis, mangos, oranges, grapes galore and all of them have been so perfectly ripe and fresh! Since I'm not used to eating breakfast in the morning, I try to keep it light. What do you like to eat for breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment