Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Thai Nakorn {Garden Grove, CA}

You would not believe how long I'd been anticipating my first visit to Thai Nakorn.

1. I love Thai food
2. I heard Thai Nakorn was the best Thai in Orange County
3. I've never tried it
So with that in mind, I'm sure you can guess that my expectations were quite high, which is not exactly a good thing. Especially when it comes to food... oh, and movies too.
Though I wasn't particularly blown away by Thai Nakorn, I left feeling pretty satisfied in my choice to eat there this afternoon. The Tom Kha Ga, or coconut chicken soup, was fantastic. I especially loved it because it was so tart!

The basil chicken was tender and exactly as it should be, delicious. Another favorite was the Pad Sew Ew, which was done superbly. The only complaint would be the beef salad, which I've had MUCH better at other Thai places. But you win some, you lose some; such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment