Sunday, January 16, 2011

Erick Schat's Bakery {Bishop, CA}


On the way home from Mammoth, we decided to visit the super famous Erick Schat's Bakery in Bishop. The place was packed to the brim, making it easily the best place to eat in town! I wanted to pick up some bread to bring home since they were famous for it, so I decided to bring home their signature 'Sheepherder's Bread.' 

Unfortunately, the bread was just alright in my opinion. It had a nice tight crumb and was soft but I expected something spectacular and it just wasn't. But maybe that's just because I had too high of expectations for it. On the upside, their gelato selection was FABULOUS! I tried both the grapefruit and  toasted almond and both were among the best I've tried - I highly recommend it.

Toasted almond above. Grapefruit and toasted almond below.

No comments:

Post a Comment