Monday, September 24, 2012

Flavored Coconut Water


I'm almost 100% sure you've all heard of the coconut water craze. Some hate it, some love it, some are obsessively praising of it's health benefits. I actually like the stuff. It's nothing compared to real coconut water from freshly opened coconuts, but on a hot day, it's ultimately refreshing. I don't drink it for its health benefits, but compared to other juices it has a lot less sugar and a good amount of electrolytes and potassium. 

Anyways, I whizzed this together for a refreshing little cocktail on a hot summer day... and since California has decided to keep on its kick of sweltering weather, I think I'll keep slugging these down.


Coconut + Blueberry + Pomegranate Water
Yields: 2 servings

2 cups coconut water
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds or 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
1 tsp. agave nectar
1/2 cup ice

In a blender, combine everything. Whiz until everything is well combined and pulverized. 





4 comments:

  1. looks so beautiful and healthful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband just loves coconut water. I'm on the fence about it, but blended with blueberries and pomegranate I'm sure it would be delicious. Might have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delish and refreshing. I´m definitely making it soon.

    ReplyDelete